No one can talk about love and relationships better than the poets, the philosophers and the artists!
1. “When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly, God is the electricity that surges between them.”
― Martin Buber
2. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
3. When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.
4. Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.
5. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert
6. “I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”
– Nicholas Sparks
7. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness–and call it love–true love.”
– Robert Fulghum
8. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
– Marilyn Monroe
9. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it be rather a moving sea between the shores of your souls.”
– Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
10. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.”
– Martin Luther
11. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”
― Neil Gaiman
12. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
13. “Anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain/Don’t carry the world upon your shoulders”
– The Beatles
14. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
15. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
Want to Keep Learning about Love? Here are some fun quizzes.
Just for fun, take this Superhero Quiz to find out which Superhero Couple you are? (Superman and Lois Lane or Ironman and Pepper Potts)
Or here’s a Conflict Style Quiz to find out how you manage conflict. (Are you conflict avoidant? Volatile???)
ee how you and your partner manage stress together, or read this article about how to stop arguing.
Thanks for reading my blog 🙂