Help Your Couples learn to fight with the 6 Core Conflict Management Interventions
Every other tuesday
Starting January 14th, 2020
Can’t make all 6?
No problem, only register for the dates that work for you
1084 Lancaster Avenue, suite 204 Bryn Mawr, PA
Facilitated by Laura Silverstein, LCSW
Certified Gottman therapist and trainer
Main Line Counseling Partners is pleased to be offering a small group training for therapists who have completed Level 1 in the Gottman Method. Perfect for anyone who would like hands-on practice using Gottman Interventions. We will start with the 6 Conflict Management Interventions and add more sessions if there is interest.
- WHERE? Laura’s Office
- WHEN? Every other Tuesday Morning starting January 14th, 2020
- FORMAT? Take turns role-playing couples and therapist
- WHAT YOU WILL LEARN? Review which interventions to use and when, and how to gently intervene
- WHAT TO EXPECT? A judgement-free atmosphere of clinicians supporting one another in this very difficult work
- PRE-REQUISITE: Level 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm
- REGISTRATION: You may register for one or all of the dates below.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Because space is extremely limited to 5 clinicians, tickets are non-refundable. All sales are final.
Conflict Intervention #1
Gottman-Rapoport: Helping couples understand one another’s point of view
Conflict Intervention #2
Dreams within Conflict Intervention: Helping couples move out of gridlock with unsolvable problems
Conflict Intervention #3
Compromise Ovals: Coaching couples to work together to come to temporary agreement
Conflict Interventio #4
Aftermath of Regrettable Incident booklet: Repair from past conflict and move toward problem-solving
Conflict Intervention #5
Eliminate Four Horsemen: Replace criticism, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling with altneratives
April 14th (pending interest)
April 28th (pending interest)
May 12th (pending interest)
May 26th (pending interest)
Conflict Intervention #6
Dan Wile: Help couples articulate their experiences when they cannot do it on their own
Friendship Intervention #1
Love Maps: Help couples build knowledge of their partners inner world.
Friendship Intervention #2
Stress-Reducing Conversation: Helping couples practice empathy
Shared Meaning Interventions 1 and 2
Build Rituals of Connection: Help couples find ways to prioritize their relationship on a regular basis
State of the Union: Assigning homework so couples can phase out of couples therapy