Most couples don’t enter a relationship expecting it to end. Despite best efforts to work through differences, there are times when a couple decides to part ways. When there are children in the family, the decision is very painful and the adults are faced with the process of helping their children manage.
Co-parenting counseling is designed to help parents learn how to co-exist and make decisions in the best interest of their children. Parental conflict can be highly detrimental to a child’s development, self esteem, and sense of safety. In co-parent counseling, we work on developing skills to manage stress, regulate emotions, and communicate effectively in challenging situations. Our goal is to reduce conflict, develop structures around parental interactions, and create healthy environments for children to grow and live happy lives.
Nadine Slavitt specializes in the following aspects of relationship dissolution:
- Helping couples discern whether or not to work to stay together or respectfully transition from romantic partners to co-parents
- Assisting parents inform their children about an upcoming separation
- Helping create a visitation agreement
- Facilitating productive communication between parents focusing on decision making and problem-solving vs re-enacting conflicts from the past
- Providing support and guidance through the painful process of re-building a new family structure
- Healing from betrayal
For more information or to schedule an appointment call Nadine Slavitt at 610-642-3359 X6