Jennifer Denholm is Now Accepting New Clients
Individual, Family and Couples Therapy
It can be difficult and often painful to acknowledge that something in your life isn’t working the way you want it to. Taking the first steps in asking for help can feel overwhelming, but you are already on your way. It takes courage to engage in therapy.
Jennifer Denholm, LCSW, believes in the transformational power of therapy. She creates a supportive, collaborative space to empower her clients to create positive change in their lives.
Using an integrated approach tailored to each person’s unique needs, Jennifer provides therapy to individuals, couples, and families. She helps them change patterns, enhance relationships and tackle challenges to living life more fully.
Jennifer has advanced training in cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, family therapy, and Gottman Method couples therapy.
If you have been impacted by trauma, anxiety, depression, or relationship difficulties, you can find comfort in her extensive experience with these struggles. She is an expert in family therapy, parenting, childhood mood/behavioral difficulties, and the impact of substance abuse on family systems.
Jennifer began her career counseling parents in crisis in the South Bronx. Following graduate school, she designed, launched, and successfully ran Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies. This is a program within The Bronx Defenders that focuses on parent-child attachment, working with pregnant and postpartum
mothers and their babies age zero to three.
She also helps families change unhealthy patterns, effectively handle conflict, and create happier, more fulfilling relationships.
Jennifer will work at your pace, meeting you wherever you are in your process. She will help you
take positive steps toward lasting change.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Structural Family Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
CREDENTIALS & EDUCATION
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) State of Pennsylvania
- Master of Social Work (MSW), Columbia University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Pennsylvania
- Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Beck Institute
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
- Completed advanced training in family therapy, Minuchin Center for the Family
- Completed Gottman Level Two Clinical Training, Gottman Method Couples Therapy , Gottman Institute