Friday Morning Course Series
4 Fridays: 9:00 am-12:00 pm November 8th, 15th, 22nd and December 6th
12 CE Credits for mental health professionals are available for an additional fee of $40.00 through RCassidy Seminars Click here to sign up for CE credits.
Laura Silverstein, Certified Gottman Therapist, will be offering this Level 1 Gottman Training in a small seminar format in her office. Space is limited to 6 clinicians. This is the first step toward certification in the Gottman Method. After these 4 classes clinicians will have the tools and training they need to conduct an assessment and use the model with couples immediately. Full attendance is required at all classes in order to receive CE credits and a certificate from the Gottman Institute (no exceptions)
Email workshops@mainlinecounselingpartners with questions or to schedule a time to register via phone.
Bridging the Couple Chasm
APPLY GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY TO HELP COUPLES STRENGTHEN
- The Friendship System
- The foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System
- The basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System
- The existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
AS A RESULT OF TAKING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
PARTICIPANTS WORKING IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Other Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and religious leaders
- Students and interns
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social science
- Employee assistance professionals
AS A RESULT OF THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- 300+ page Level 1 Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion (a pre-requisite for all subsequent training levels toward certification)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions that can be used immediately
- Over 75 relationship assessment tools and interventions with permission to photocopy for clinical use
WHO ARE THE GOTTMANS?
Dr. John Gottman is world renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction, involving the study of emotions, physiology, and communication. He has conducted nearly 40 years of research with over 3,000 couples. He was recently voted as one of the Top 10 Most Influential Therapists of the past quarter-century by the PsychoTherapy Networker publication. His breakthrough research on marriage and relationships has earned him numerous major awards.
Laura Silvertein, Certified Gottman Therapist, is the clinical director of Main Line Counseling Partners. In addition to maintaining a full and active caseload of couples, she is partnering with the Gottmans in their random clinical trial studying infidelity recovery. She enjoys providing education and training to others who are passionate about helping couples connect.
HERE’S WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING: