Online Training for Professionals During the Pandemic
Introduction Meeting: May 1st 5:15-5:30
This will be an opportunity to work out any technical questions or difficulties accessing materials.
Dates: Thursday May 7th-Friday May 8th
Time 8:00 AM-5:30 PM
- Interactive Zoom meetings with Certified Gottman Therapist, Laura Silverstein
- Question and Answer Sessions with Laura Silverstein
- Video Lectures by Drs. John and Julie Gottman
- Clinical Demonstration by Dr. Julie Gottman
- 8:00-8:15 Meet and Greet
- 8:15-9 Live Interactive Zoom Presentation with Laura Silverstein
- 9 -1:30 Participants Progress through training independently
- 1:30-2:15 Questions, Answers and Discussion
- 2:15 – 4:45 Participants Progress through Training Independently
- 4:45-5:30 Questions, Answers and Discussion
- 11 Continuing Education Credits
- PDF version of Level 1 Binder including over 75 assessment and intervention materials for you to print out and use (hard copies of the binder available as a separate purchase).
- Gottman Method Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion (the first step toward certification).
Q: I want to take this training, but cannot attend the full 2 days in entirety. Can I still sign up?
A: Yes! You will have all the necessary materials to complete the training. If you miss some aspects of the training, you may watch the videos on your own time line and will have access to recordings of the live sessions.
Q: How will I receive my Certificate of Completion and CE credits?
A: Once you receive an 80% or greater on a knowledge assessment, you will receive your CE credits and Certificate of Completion from the Gottman Institute (there is no need for test anxiety as you may take the test as many times as you need).
Q: I need a certain percentage of my credits to be in-person, will this count?
A: This counts as an online training, but during COVID many states (including Penssylvania) have suspended the in-person stipulation. Please check your own licensing board’s website. Here is the link to PA’s statement.
Bridging the Couple Chasm
APPLY GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY TO HELP COUPLES STRENGTHEN:
- The Friendship System
- The foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System
- The basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System
- The existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
AS A RESULT OF TAKING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
PARTICIPANTS WORKING IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING:
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Other Mental health providers
- Educators and Trainers
- Religious leaders
- Students and interns
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social science
- Employee assistance professionals
WHO ARE THE GOTTMANS?
Dr. John Gottman is world renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction, involving the study of emotions, physiology, and communication. He has conducted nearly 40 years of research with over 3,000 couples. He was recently voted as one of the Top 10 Most Influential Therapists of the past quarter-century by the PsychoTherapy Networker publication. His breakthrough research on marriage and relationships has earned him numerous major awards.
About the Presenter
Laura Silvertein, LCSW Certified Gottman Therapist, is the clinical director of Main Line Counseling Partners. In addition to maintaining a full and active caseload of couples, she is partnering with the Gottmans in their random clinical trial studying infidelity recovery. She enjoys providing education and training to others who are passionate about helping couples connect.
HERE’S WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING: