Hybrid Gottman Method Couples Therapy Training for Professionals (self-study + live seminar)
Dates: Friday October 21st
Time: 1:00 PM-5:00 PM
Location: Rosemont Plaza, 1062 Lancaster Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA. 19010
Format: Live Q&A, Skills Practice and Fishbowl Demonstration following completion Self-Study Online Training
Presenter: Laura Silverstein, LCSW, Certified Gottman Therapist/Level 1 Trainer
$395: Level 1 Hybrid Training (11 CE Credits)
$325: Student Rate Level 1 Hybrid Training (11 CE Credits)
$195 Live Seminar Only (pre-requisite = Level 1 or higher Gottman trained, no CE Credits)
- 11 Continuing Education Credits (online)
- Lifetime access to all training videos including Dr. John Gottman’s research presentation and theory and Dr. Julie Gottman’s demonstration of assessment and intervention techniques with real couple
- Live, in-person Q&A and skills practice with Certified Gottman Therapist, Laura Silverstein
- Gottman Method Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion (after receiving an 80% on an open book knowledge assessment quiz)
- 352-page PDF manual with the content, printable assessments, interventions, and references necessary to start using the model instantly
- An opportunity to connect live with like-minded colleagues in a seminar style environment (training max 22 students)
Bridging the Couple Chasm
How Hybrid Training Works
- Register below
- Receive your training materials which includes 11 hours of videos, a PDF of the materials and slides
- Watch the modules on your own or in a watch party
- Take note of all your questions as you go
- Attend your 4-hour live, in-person seminar: includes extensive Q&A, case discussion, and a live role-play demonstration of the first 80 minute intake assessment
- Take an open-book mastery quiz and receive and 80% or above
- Instantly receive your certificate of completion upon passing the quiz
- See your first couple using the Gottman Method
This training is the first step toward certification in the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy for those who want to specialize with couples.
Clinicians who are already Level 1 trained are welcome to join us for the live training at a reduced rate.
APPLY GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY TO HELP COUPLES STRENGTHEN:
- The Friendship System
- The foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System
- The basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System
- The existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
AS A RESULT OF TAKING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
PARTICIPANTS WORKING IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING:
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Other Mental health providers
- Educators and Trainers
- Religious leaders
- Students and interns
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social science
- Employee assistance professionals
Q: How is this different format different from traditional trainings?
A: You will spend 11 hours independently completing the online training prior to the live seminar with Laura.
Q: What if something comes up and I can’t make it to the seminar?
A: You will still have all the materials you need to complete Level 1 in the Gottman Method and receive your certificate.
Q: Do I need any prior Gottman training to attend?
A: No. This is the first level and designed as an introduction.
Q: Will I able to be use the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy with my clients after this training?
A: Yes. You can hit the ground running with Gottman assessments, case conceptualization and interventions as soon as you feel comfortable. Many clinicians start introducing the strategies slowly with their current couples.
Q: Can I call myself a certified Gottman therapist after this?
A: No. This is Level 1 of a 4 Level Certification track. You will receive a certificate and be entered into the Gottman Institutes data base to be eligible for Level 2.
WHO ARE THE GOTTMANS?
Dr. John Gottman is world renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction, involving the study of emotions, physiology, and communication. He has conducted nearly 40 years of research with over 3,000 couples. He was recently voted as one of the Top 10 Most Influential Therapists of the past quarter-century by the PsychoTherapy Networker publication. His breakthrough research on marriage and relationships has earned him numerous major awards.
About the Presenter
Laura Silvertein, LCSW Certified Gottman Therapist, is the clinical director of Main Line Counseling Partners. In addition to maintaining a full and active caseload of couples, she is partnering with the Gottmans in their random clinical trial studying infidelity recovery. She enjoys providing education and training to others who are passionate about helping couples connect.
HERE’S WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING: